Belay and your advisor are required to obtain your consent to collect, use, and disclose your personal information. This requirement is pursuant to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) and equivalent legislation in some provinces.
Authorization and Consent
By opening an account with Belay, you authorize and consent to Belay obtaining, verifying, giving, sharing, and exchanging personal information about you, now and in the future, with any individuals, financial institutions, business corporations, or other parties with whom you have or may have financial or personal dealings, or who hold information about such dealings, such as credit bureaus, in accordance with all sections below. You authorize and consent to Belay recording your telephone conversations for the administration of your accounts and to maintain quality service levels. If you do not wish your telephone conversation to be recorded, you agree to communicate with Belay only in writing and request that any response by Belay be in writing as well.
Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
The personal information that you provide to Belay, or that Belay collects with your consent, with respect to your investment application and other forms will be protected and maintained in a client file with Belay.
Belay may collect, use, and disclose your personal information to:
- confirm your identity and the accuracy of the information provided by you or collected with your consent;
- conduct searches to locate you and update your contact information in your file;
- better understand the history of your financial dealings with Belay and others and determine your eligibility for products and services that you have applied for or which Belay offers to you, now or in the future;
- properly administer and service any financial services and products that Belay provides to you;
- keep records of instructions given by you over the telephone;
- maintain quality service levels;
- help Belay understand the current and future needs of its customers;
- provide you with details of other financial products offered by Belay, its affiliates, and other select financial product providers; and
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Prior to a decision being made on your investment application, you may withdraw your application and this consent and request that any information collected on you be destroyed. Once the account has been opened, if you withdraw your consent for Belay to use and disclose your personal information Belay may no longer be able to properly administer your account and will have the legal right to require the closure of your investment account (subject to penalties, if applicable). Even if you withdraw your consent, Belay may be required by law or regulation to maintain and use your personal information for record keeping, tax, and financial reporting.
Your Social Insurance Number (“SIN”) may be used for tax reporting purposes and other purposes required or permitted by law. Belay may also use your SIN as a unique identifier to keep your personal information separate from that of other customers with similar names, for internal and external matching of your personal records against records exchanged with third parties that you have consented to, and to maintain the integrity and accuracy of your personal information.
Before Belay collects, uses, and discloses your personal information for any other purpose, Belay will explain the purpose to you and seek your consent.
Who May Access Your Personal Information
Access to your personal information, which includes any details of the denial of your application, will be limited to:
- Belay’s employees and representatives and their delegates, in the performance of their duties for Belay;
- fund companies or other issuers of investments named in any forms completed for your benefit;
- service providers used by Belay, in the performance of their duties for Belay;
- those to whom you gave permission; and
- those authorized by law, such as regulators.
Belay does not sell or rent any client information to any organization or individual.
Belay may use external providers for services such as printing, mailing, distribution, information technology, administration, and marketing. Belay may change service providers or enter into agreements with new service providers from time-to-time. Before we share personal information with service providers, we will contractually require them to protect the information in a manner that is consistent with Belay’s privacy policies and practices.
Subject to any legal and contractual restrictions described above, you may withdraw your consent to Belay’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any time. To do so, you may call Belay at 1-587-393-7873 or write to Belay as below. You acknowledge that the withdrawal of certain kinds of consent may delay or preclude the opening of your account.
You may request additional information or request access to your personal information in your file at any time and, subject to the restrictions provided by law, ask that any inaccurate or incomplete information be corrected. To do so, you may send a written request with details to:
Belay Wealth Inc.
#111, 8855 Macleod Trail S.
Calgary, AB T2H 0M2
Now is the time to begin on your road to financial freedom
What’s your excuse now?